Kansas City Kitchen Plumbing Services
Your kitchen is the heart of your home. Keep the components working in your Kansas City Metro area home with expert kitchen plumbing services by KB Complete Inc. Call 913-722-6835 today. Save on your next kitchen plumbing project by clicking here to download online coupons and deals.
Preparing meals and spending time in your kitchen should not be a frustrating experience. If your sink or faucets are malfunctioning, or your garbage disposal is jamming, it may be time to bring in the professionals. KB Plumbing Inc. is proud to serve the Kansas City Metro area for all their kitchen plumbing needs.
Click here to see what others are saying about our kitchen plumbing services.
Common Garbage Disposal Problems
Some of the most common garbage disposal problems we see include:
- Jamming - If objects such as bones or shells or other hard materials are pushed down the disposal, it can cause jamming. Metal and other similar objects should never be sent down the garbage disposal. Typically a small jam may clear on its own, with water running down it, but you run the risk of damaging the motor.
- Garbage disposal will not turn on - This problem points to a mechanical failure and will need to be inspected by a professional. Multiple things could go wrong and our technicians are more than qualified to figure it out.
- Leaking - If your disposal is leaking, it could point to loose screws or valves. A hole in the housing can also cause this.
Tips to Maintain your Disposal
- Only dispose of soft, organic material that is compostable. Do not put oil, bones, shells or other hard materials down the drain.
- Always run water through the disposal before turning it off.
- Do not overstuff the disposal, if you have a lot to dispose of, do it in sections to not jam the disposal.
- Keep all hands and fingers out of the disposal. Losing a finger is not worth trying to un-jam your garbage disposal.
If your faucet is leaking or showing signs of wear and tear, it may be time to replace it. A leaking faucet can cause structural problems to your counter and will eventually rot the area around it. Some common issues we see include:
- Loose or worn out O-rings
- Broken, worn-out or improperly installed washers
- Compromised or destroyed valve seat
The Best Time to Replace your Sink
Most sink replacements are done for aesthetic purposes. A new and modern sink can increase the value of your home, or update the decor of your kitchen. However, broken components such as a loose seal flange or broken drain basket will also require a sink replacement.
Call KB Complete Today
For expert kitchen plumbing advice, call the friendly and knowledgeable staff at KB Plumbing. Call 913-722-6835 today to schedule your next kitchen project.