How To Electricity Over the Holiday Season
The holiday season is a time full of bright lights and celebration with friends and family. During this time, your homes electrical system may be working overtime to keep up. This can cause your electrical bills to skyrocket! Fortunately, there are several ways you can conserve electricity during the brightest time of the year.
Keep the following tips in mind:
- Use a Timer. It’s great to have your holiday lights on when you’re home, as well as at the beginning of the evening. However, you don’t see them when you’re not home or asleep—so why would you keep them on during those times? To make sure you don’t forget to turn them off, put them on a timer so they shut off automatically at the right time.
- Use LED lights. LED holiday lights might require a slightly higher investment, but they have many benefits. They’re more energy-efficient and use between 80 and 90 percent less power than regular lights. They also last longer, and since they don’t get hot to the touch, they’re less of a fire hazard so they’re much safer.
- Turn down the thermostat. Have you ever noticed how the indoor temperature rises when you have a lot of people in a room together? If you have a lot of guests over, just turn down the thermostat to below 65 degrees so the heating doesn’t come on. Note that while a lot of people open a window when it gets uncomfortably hot, the cold air is more likely to make your heating crank up. So, turn down the thermostat, and you’ll notice a difference in your energy bill.
- Use rechargeable batteries. Not all holiday decorations need to be plugged into a power outlet. There are plenty of battery-powered decorations available that work just as well. To conserve power and respect the environment, use rechargeable batteries.
- Lower the thermostat when cooking or heading to bed. Heat rises. If you and your family are home all day with the heating on, then a lot of this heat will rise to the upper levels of your home and heat that area naturally.
If Electrical Issues Happen In Your Home, Call The Experts at KB Complete!
The experts at KB Complete can help with any electrical repair problem you may have. When you call us you can expect prompt and professional service completed correctly all the time. So whether you have some damaged outlets or old wiring that needs to be replaced, you know you can trust KB Complete. Call [hls_phone_number] today and speak to our friendly and knowledgeable team. Call us today to schedule your service!