Water Leak Detection
Leak Detection Services
Does a higher water bill have you scratching your head? For expert Kansas City water leak detection, trust KB Complete Inc. Call 913-722-6835 today for a quote. Save on your next plumbing service by clicking here for online deals and coupons.
While a water leak may not be the most obvious plumbing repair, it can lead to lots of unnecessary cost and frustration. KB Complete Plumbing, Heating and Cooling works to detect and repair water leaks in your Kansas City Metro area
Click here to see what others are saying about our professional plumbing services.
Common Causes for Water Leaks
Some of the most common causes of water leaks include the following:
- Clogged drains and toilets - Material like grease, food, hair and even foreign objects like toys can cause clogs in your drains and toilets. It’s most common for simple clogs to cause water leaks.
- Wear and tear in the pipes – Over time, your home shifts and settles. As your pipes age and move when the ground settles, leaks can occur.
- Root systems taking hold – A root system planted near your pipes can make its way into the pipes, causing a blockage and a leak.
What is Done to Detect the Leaks
If you think you have a water leak, it’s important to call an expert right away. Getting the issue dealt with quickly can limit the damage done and reduce the cost of the repair.
Some of the techniques we use to detect water leaks include:
- Meter detection – One of the less intrusive methods, meter detection involves using a device to measure the water pressure in a pipe. Once the actual pressure in the pipe is rated, we can determine if the pressure is low and therefore experiencing a leak.
- Infrared technology – This type of detection is one of the most advanced techniques we use. We have an infrared camera that takes pictures of the pipes at different angles. Any potential leaks or cracks will show up this way.
- Dig and drill – This method can be a little more intrusive, but effective nonetheless. We use a drill to dig and drill into your walls and floor to pinpoint the location of the leak.
Water Leak Prevention
Some simple steps to prevent water leaks in your home can include the following:
- Insulate pipes that are exposed to the cold
- Do not put extra pressure on the pipes by hanging clothes on them
- Inspect your pipes often for leaks, cracks or potential problem spots
- Remove outdoor hoses during the winter
Confirm Your Suspicion Today
If your water bill is higher than usual and you suspect a water leak, call KB Plumbing for comprehensive water leak detection. With our 100% satisfaction guarantee, you will not be disappointed. Call 913-722-6835 today! Or check out our stellar Google reviews and see why our customers are so happy!